FRIDAY Night
My pumpkin (aka Michele) and I went to see Obsessed after work Friday. WHOA is all I can say. I had mixed feelings about this movie considering I've been hearing so many different opinions! I thought the movie was more of a comedy than anything else! Overall, it wasn't a bad movie but I think it could have had a lil more "meat and potatoes". I think there were already a lot of insecurity issues with "Sharon" and I thought "Derek" reminded EVERYONE way too often that he was a "happily" married man. If your that happy, you don't have to (keep trying to convince YOURSELF by) constantly reiterate(ing) it every 5 minutes!! We get it!! lol But the best part was getting to spend some time with my bestie!! Considering I've been up and down emotionally it was the right type of fun I needed for my Friday evening!!So the pictures above are the reason why I didn't make it to the Sakura Matsuri (Cherry Blossom Festival)!! Saturday mornings for me are maintenance mornings!! I'm up at 7:30 am (me and my pumpkin), even after going out the night before and maybe coming in super late, to go and get my hair done!! This particular Saturday morning, after getting my hair "did", I ended up going window shopping on Nostrand Ave and hanging out with my dad (yes thats my dad... handsome man!!) in front of his house, instead of sticking to my Saturday plans!! (How disappointed I am in myself!! I guess better luck NEXT YEAR!!)
But I can say after a much needed nap, my Saturday evening turned out to be so much fun!!! I went to Target First Saturdays at the Brooklyn Museum (so I did do one thing I had planned to do!!). It was a lot of fun. While waiting for my other bestie (Jet Cakes) and Ari in the lobby, I couldn't help but to notice how diverse the crowd was. People of every age and decent crowded the BK museum on Saturday creating many stares and gasps and many many laughs!! We couldn't help but notice a "7" year old on homemade stilts or this wannabe brolick dude in a tight plaid shirt! Just too funny!!
I've gone to the BK Museum a couple of times (I live about 5 blocks away), and I've never seen so many ppl there at one time! Was it because it was free? OR could it be a social networking/dating scene for sophisticated fashionistas and GQ menz?? I have to say YES to both! Ladies dressed with 5 inch heels and harem pants while the guys wore their fitted jeans and tight t-shirts (definitely not for everyone!) but they managed to turn an intellectual social gathering with African music and beautiful art into a fashion show/speed dating contest! I must admit I too am a culprit b/c the eye candy was definitely sweet! lol Ari saw her Jim Jones look-alike (much cuter than the real jimmy)... and the rest of us just uh, took in the "other" sights!
But one funny thing did happen... after making our way out the doors to the museum in search for something to fill our tummies, a very handsome, nicely chiseled man walked inside... and I must say we ALL took a second glance!! So, I happened to make the comment out loud... (and you know how every group of gals has that one chick thats down to do WHATEVER?) - Well Ms. Amara was that chick b/c she went after Mr. Eye Candy in hopes of bringing him back to me with good news! (In shock and totally dumbfounded were our reactions considering we didn't really think she'd run in after him!) Turns out, Mr. Eye Candy was on his way to a neighborhood hot spot with his friends and so kindly extended the invitation to us gals! I even got a wave from him! lol We ended up going to the "hot spot" but too crowded and no place to sit ended up at Tavern on Dean (my fav restaurant!). After turkey burgers, wine and chocolate cake - we said our goodbyes and strutted our tired feet back to the comfort of our BK apts!
More pics from Saturday Night!










No comments:
Post a Comment