Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Solid as a Rock or Soft like Ice Cream??


My life has been a mix of ups and downs but at the end of the day - am I solid as a rock or soft like cream?? Life throws many curveballs our way - and its up to us to take the situation - good or bad - and apply it to our way of thinking - our way of life. I'm no psychologist or sociologist - I'm just a woman that has had her share of rocky roads and straight paths! I've taken my life experiences and I've molded them into inspirational and motivational pieces. They help to ground me - sort of remind me of the things that have made me the person I am today.

I've met many people - with all experiences - some far more worse than mine and some who if you met them would say - "Wow - you haven't experienced ANYTHING"!! But for those I have met with tough experiences - many are still bitter and hurt - and put up a facade to everyone else that they are strong and have thick skin but to me, they are super softies and put up this hard shell to avoid getting hurt again. I feel like you have to treat every situation differently - of course, use your knowledge from your past experiences as "guidance" but don't assume that because this situation is like the last that the outcome will be the same! It also doesn't mean that you have to treat people any less than how you would like to be treated (using the excuse "you've had a rough life!"). Take life's lessons and use them to your advantage... turn them into positives if they are negatives and turn the positives into more positives! Everything in life is a lesson to be learned.

Don't be afraid to express your feelings - who you are in this world makes a difference and its for people to accept you - if they don't there is always someone else that will! But don't let a rough time(s) in your life steer you down the road of destruction, direspectfulness and anger! Things will always get better as long as you remain positive and know that you can overcome the obstacle you just approached. But if you remain bitter and angry, all you will be doing is counting how many more times you will reach negative obstacles! Learn from a tough experience and grow from it, so that you can continue to be blessed!!

No comments:

Post a Comment