Thursday, April 30, 2009

Weekend Forecast

Spring has finally arrived (I know I'm late but I consider Spring when the whether is consistently nice/warm!) and now its time to pull out our sun dresses and cute sandales so that we can strut our stuff down the streets of NYC - me particularly in Brooklyn!! This weekend may not be the best weather wise, but as far as things to do, there is a lot that can help you fill up those empty time slots on your Friday, Saturday or Sunday.

Tonight, I'm going to see Obsessed with my pumpkin pie (aka my bestie)!! I hear the movie is a little corny but hey its Beyonce I need to make my own critique!! lol... I will be spending my Saturday (God willing) at the Sakura Matsuri (Cherry Blossom Festival) at the Brooklyn Botanical Garden. (I know its suppose to rain but it says rain or shine so that means I need to make the effort - I won't melt right?!) I've never been to the Botanical Gardens or a Sakura Matsuri (Cherry Blossom Festival) so for me these are two new experiences wrapped up in one package!! The Brooklyn Museum is also hosting Target First Saturdays, where they have activities and even a PARTY going on - how cool!! I've never gone to that either but my father has (such a social butterfly lol) and he's had a lot of fun. I wanted to have a picnic in Prospect Park but Mother Nature doesn't want to give us a good day so I guess I have to postpone that shindig for a sunnier one... (let me know if you want to picnic with me at PP - sandwiches/fruit, sun, music, magazines, and lots of love - it doesn't get any better!!) Sunday - I have a date... I'm super excited!! I'm sure your wondering who my date is with (considering we all know that I recently was dumped! lol) - He's someone new in my life... He's always been around but I'm actually giving him a chance now... I know you want to know his name... His name is GOD!! He invited me to his house and we are going to sing and dance!! I know it will be exciting!! So thats my weekend forecast... What's yours?


WEEKEND ALERT
So... I just thought I'd give some suggestions as to what you can do this weekend (in case you don't have any ideas!!)...

Movie Releases Friday, May 1
X-Men Origins - Wolverine
Battle for Terra
Ghosts of Girlfriends Past
(http://www.fandango.com/ )

Laugh Lounge NYC
Friday, May 1 and Saturday, May 2
(http://www.laughloungenyc.com/shows/calendar.php#)

Sakura Matsuri (Cherry Blossom Festival) at The Brookly Botanical Gardens
Saturday, May 2 and Sunday, May 3
Time: 10 am - 6pm (Rain or Shine)
(http://www.bbg.org/exp/cherries/sakura.html)

Target First Saturdays at The Brooklyn Museum
Saturday, May 2 -
Time: 5:00 pm - 11:00 pm - FREE
(http://www.brooklynmuseum.org/visit/first_saturdays.php)

Continental Restaurant Week
Friday, May 1 - Sunday, May 10
(http://www.continentalrestaurantweek.com/)

Tribeca Film Festival
(http://www.tribecafilm.com/festival/)

Hope these are helpful!! I'll be sure to include any updates!!

Tell me what you think... AND PLEASE BE SURE TO COMMMENT and if you don't feel like it... AT LEAST RATE THE POST - LOVE IT? LIKE IT? HATE IT? - Tell me what you think!!
Tootles!!

2 comments:

  1. I've heard of so many of these events but never go lol. The cherry blossoms should be awesome, I went to the Botanic garden just after they had fallen :(. I've been meaning to see them in DC but maybe next year (thts wht i said last year) lol. I'll def. see Wolverine tonight though.
    Your date is def. one hard to top ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These weekend suggestions are dope ;)

    ReplyDelete