Not that my old love is gone... lol... but since my break-up and living on my own for the first time in my life - I've come to realize some things that I really love to do...one being to write! Its very funny b/c I went to college and first majored in English and then when I realized I hated English, I switched to Journalism. Two months ago, I could have sworn to anyone who asked me, that I hated writing and that I have no clue whatsoever why I majored in Journalism. But come to find out, deep in my heart it was always a passion. Thanks to my friend Nickey-Ann (check out her blog http://theanti-pop.blogspot.com/), and our very extended lunch date - I decided that maybe I should take a stab at it... what is the worse that could happen right?
Well I must say I'm a little obsessed with it... I keep a daily journal where I answer about 7 general questions every day. Not only does it allow me to express myself but it helps me to keep track of my goals and my emotions. I feel pretty off track if I miss a day BUT I always make sure to go back and fill it in... Writing has become very therapeutic for me. Instead of talking to a shrink or keeping things bottled in - I look for my pen and paper or I come to my blog where I can ramble off the top of my head and not mind if I'm making any sense b/c I don't have to... My thoughts are free to float and formulate into anything they see fit! I will never be judged, unless its by the ppl who actually read my blog... but I can count on my pen and paper and my blog (itself), to keep an open mind and to allow me to say whats in my heart and on my mind without having to curve my thoughts or silence my tongue for feeling offended by what I have to say... it is what it is... You can either take it or leave it but my words from now on will always be spoken (or written) and will never hide behind the quiet wall.
thanks for the shout out dear! glad you started writing. i think it's one of the most authentic forms of communication. when you're writing, it's just you, the pen and paper, so you can say what you want without hearing what other ppl think. glad you're enjoying it :)
ReplyDeleteyeah i always wonder that if i could really get my self to focus and interested in it, maybe i could come up with something decent enough lol
ReplyDelete