
Ever since I moved into my apartment, I have had a love for hosting little shindigs and soirees with family and friends. For some reason, I never get the turn out that I hope for but I've learned to have as much fun with the people that show up as I possibly can. So with summer here and I'm sure many of us will be hosting lil gatherings either at home, parks, or VIP rooms at our favorite lounge/club - I thought I'd give some of MY most important tips on how to host a gathering - no matter who it is or how many people show up or how long your guests are there for!
Tip 1: My first and most important tip is to BE PATIENT. Patience is very important when planning, organizing, and hosting an "event". There are always going to be things from start to finish that are going to frustrate, annoy, not add up, don't connect - or whatever the case may be - but you have to stay patient and focused on the important things!
Tip 2: PLAN PLAN AND PLAN!! If this is something your planning in advance - outline everything from a Food Menu to Entertainment to Music Playlist or for long stays Things To Do... When you have everything written down in one place, it is SO MUCH EASIER to focus on things in an orderly fashion.
Tip 3: Money is ALWAYS an issue no matter how small or large the amount. If YOU are the planner/host(ess) than YOU are responsible for providing whats necessary to host your event - that includes FOOD, DRINKS, and ENTERTAINMENT (unless this event involves you going to get tickets or things of that nature)!!! If prior to your event you have discussed with someone else about these things and they have offered to help than an agreement should be worked out and now the other person is responsible for his/her part! If you are doing this alone, PLEASE do not expect anything in return for what you have dished out. The only thing your guest should have to guarantee is their presence!!
Tip 4: Budget and Stick to the Plan! If you have a budget than you should most definitely stick to it. If while planning, things seem to get overwhelming and out of hand - sit down, think about where it is your over-spending and see where you can cut back. But remember its almost always better to have more than not enough - but try to follow that motto while sticking to your budget! Also, stick to your plan. There is a reason why you have planned and organized the event the way you have - last minute changes can cause issues and frustration and may even cause you to have to dish out more cash!
Tip 5: Don't complain. During your event - not matter if its a lil party or some friends coming over to visit you for a few days - complaining is NEVER cool. Someone is always going to do something that may not necessarily sit right with you. If you can't confront your issue in a polite and respectful manner, than just deal with it alone. But complaining just causes tension and discomfort for everyone! Just remember to keep in mind - its only for a short time - the arrangement/event isn't PERMANENT!
No comments:
Post a Comment