
Everyone is guilty of being moody at some point either because of a long day or even just because they feel like it. But lets face it, everyone doesn't deserve to see our "ass" when we're feeling moody. Everyone has had a long or stressful day at work or maybe things didn't fall into place the way we wanted it to or maybe someone aggravated our nerves but that doesn't mean we have to take it out on the world. I will admit, I am definitely guilty of being moody and taking it out on anyone in sight but after dealing with it head on from several individuals - I've realized that it's not quite fair for us to take things out on people who have nothing to do with why we are feeling down. With that said, I am a very moody person and below are some of the things I like to do to help me deal with my moodiness without taking it out on others.
1. Sleep - I often find that when I'm in a bad mood taking a nap (if permitted) can help you get over your moodiness. Maybe your body is tired or you just need a rest from reality and what better way to do that then to take a nap!
2. Music - I am a huge listener of music and whenever I'm in a crappy mood I like to zone out and listen to my favorite artist. On my heavy rotation list is: Drake, Amerie, Ryan Leslie, The Dream and my Chill Mode playlist which includes several artist like Sade, Anita Baker and Erykah Badu.
3. Phone A Friend - Sometimes when sleep and my ipod aren't options, I look to my besties for some much needed attitude rejuvenation! They always know the perfect words to say or let me vent out my frustrations. An ear can go a long way and besides that is what friends are for!!
4. Take A Walk - Sometimes a breath of fresh air can help you to gain your composure. Maybe you just need a break from whatever you're doing!
5. God - If your feeling moody, why not say a quick prayer to God asking him to give you the strength, patience or ability to deal with whatever is causing you a negative attitude. He's always there to listen and can comfort you without you even knowing. Remember all it takes is a second!
Remember everyone has a bad day or a crappy mood at some point but we all must realize that not everyone caused us to feel that way. Out there in the world someone is having a far more worse day than us and although we might not care about other peoples problems, we should realize that it takes much more energy to be moody than it does to just smile and realize that things aren't always that bad.
No comments:
Post a Comment