
Many of us often wonder does anyone in NYC have manners - especially those of us who ride the MTA everyday! I am a frequent rider and I often find myself annoyed, frustrated, pissed the f*ck off or just plain disgusted whenever I come off of the train. I don't have many gripes about buses besides the traffic I hit everyday on my way to the subway and the fact that some of the drivers shouldn't be driving buses in the first place... but my main frustration is with the RIDERS!! It seems the more I ride the train the more I am forced to deal with subway riders that just don't care about polite mannerisms anymore... It's bad enough that we have to deal with overcrowded trains, fair hikes, and train traffic but now we have to deal with newspapers in our face, trash on the seats and floors, and pushing and shoving from people that just don't fit in the seat or on the train... So here are some of my gripes and ways we can all just get along on the train!!
- Reading: If you are reading on the train be courteous to those who surround you. There is no need to have your big ass newspaper covering my book or magazine b/c you need to see everything that's going on... YOU CAN ONLY READ ONE ARTICLE AT A TIME!! So fold it to the section you want and enjoy it without inconveniencing the person next to you!
- Music: Everyone in the train doesn't want to listen to what you are listening to! If you have to put your music up to the loudest decibel then you should have your hearing checked. It's not healthy for you to have it that loud and we aren't interested in hearing your favorite tunes!
- Seats: PEOPLE... just because you are able to see a little bit of the seat does not mean YOU FIT IN THE SPACE!!! If there is room for you to sit then, by all means ask the people nicely if they can move over to make some room - don't just plop your ass in the spot and force the space or try to inch your way until your completely in! And why must I fight you for a seat? I mean really is it that serious?? I THINK NOT!!
- Garbage: It is up to us riders who pay $2.25 (and counting) for public transportation to keep the subways clean! Maybe if we threw our garbage in the TRASH CANS instead of on the seats, floors, and platforms they wouldn't need to hire so many ppl or pay overtime for clean-up! I mean its just a thought... besides we are the ones having to sit and stand in the subway - why not keep it clean? Those who raise the fair do not ride the subway!!
- Bags: If you are a bag lady or man, please PUT YOUR BAG DOWN. I nor anyone else would like to feel your heavy ass "luggage" hitting our shoulders or arms because you want to keep the bag on your shoulder ESPECIALLY on a crowded train! The least you can do is be mindful of the person next to you and put your damn bag down!
- About Face: Men if you find yourself standing behind or in front of a woman - the respectable thing to do is TURN AROUND. We do not wish to feel any body part of yours on our body!! It's very awkward on a crowded train to have a man standing directly behind us or right in our face. Just be mindful of how you stand we don't want to think or KNOW your a PERV!!
I'm sure many of us can go on for days about all of the things that irk our nerves about riding the subway but in my opinion those always seem to get me!! So mind your manners on the train! It will help for everyone to have a peaceful ride to where ever their heart and feet take them!!
For more on Train Etiquette check out - http://theanti-pop.blogspot.com/
Tootles!
LOL glad i'm not the only one with the train issues smh
ReplyDelete